The following blog entry is from Pamela Thompson who is a registered nurse who has lived in Puerto Vallarta for over 17 years, 10 of them in health care. Pamela now leads Health Care Resources Puerto Vallarta, a local health care resource network.
I have just spoken to Dr. Luis Suarez, infectious disease physician in Puerto Vallarta.
He reports that:
1. There are no confirmed cases in the state of Jalisco. 160 samples were taken and all were negative for Swine Flu.
2. There are no confirmed cases in the state of Nayarit.
3. Continue with precautionary measures including good hand washing, avoiding crowds, increase Vitamins B, K, A & D. Good ventilation in homes allowing the sun to enter.
4. Avoid hand-shaking, kissing.
5. He feels it is coming under good control in Mexico City. (which is 10 plus hours from yelapa)